Saturday, January 24, 2009

For Bev

A friend of mine is battling cancer at the moment, and it has really shaken me up lately. It brings me down to a level at which I dislike hovering, and I find the only remedy is to write out how I feel. Rather than that, I came up with a poem to help her see differently - should she even need to. I don't know if I'll give it to her since she specifically stated she wants no pity or sadness when dealing with everything. While I did make the poem uplifting, I'm not sure if tshe would even want it since it did originate from feelings of sadness; it might do the opposite of what I'm wanting.

In any case, here it is. This is easily the shortest poem I've ever written, and I'm fairly unimpressed with it's layout. I do love the simplicity of my statements though - they are both powerful and full. I really hope she would like it, even if she never reads the words.


Muscular reachings move my sight slightly higher,
Witnessing the dim Grey Sky surround us.
I've not been fooled;
For my weakness is strong enough to pierce
Through the veil and focus on the depth.
Surrounding me newly in a coat made of blue,
Silver and white.
Surface fights me, yet deepness calls louder,
Bringing me closer to home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home